We want Climate Change Bill drafted by the Big Ask network to be passed in the National Assembly of South Korea. The point is to make people and industry adhere to climate change laws by making Climate Change Act and let the climate secured by laws.The bill reinforces effectiveness and accountability to counteract climate chage by setting Korea's long-term emission reduction target of Greenhouse gas by 2050.
Why is this important?
The current law, Framework Act on Low Carbon Green Growth, is flawed as it misses or neglects a lot of important parts corresponding to climate change without giving a fixed reduction target . If our new bill is passed, we can
1. Change the dishonorable place of the world's seventh largest GHG emission country
2. Save peoples’ lives and health by crisis of agriculture, energy and water
3. Reduce the impact of ecosystem by climate change
4. Expand the way of using energy wisely in industry and lifestyle
5. Avoid making fossil fuel and nuclear power plants
6. Increase clean jobs related to renewable energy such as solar and wind energy
7. Prevent social conflicts and guard minority rights